Sunday, April 17, 2011

Missed out on a great weekend

and now I am feeling sad. There were 2 great gatherings this weekend. One in Boston and one in Chicago. I wanted to go so badly. I originally thought I would be at the Chicago get together but I had to back out. I am really trying hard to be financially responsible and to curb my debt. In order to do this I had to make a hard decision and back out of the get together. I know in the long run it was the right thing to do financially but it was hard and sad nonetheless. Not going really hit me harder than I thought it would. I missed out on a great time with some great friends. I hope I get the chance to attend the next one. I was there in spirit with you my fellow bookclubbers! I am glad that you had an awesome time!

2 comments:

Tana Jo said...

I'm so with you. I was leaving Chicago about the time all the others were arriving. I really wanted to go but I felt that I would be the odd man out because I can't drink and I would want to be in bed by 10pm.
We will have to get together soon (hopefully after this kid is born) so that I can stay awake!

<3 ya! Tana

Entner family said...

I know exactly what you mean, I felt the same way. And my obligations weren't only financial, but family related too. I feel horrible because I so wanted to meet these ladies, as I did not get a chance to do so at either a GTG in Chicago last May when I was there, or in Minneapolis even. And it makes me sad and left out that I haven't met many people from the club at all, I feel like I'm looking from outside the box a lot of times.