Friday, March 11, 2011

Thinking, pondering, sorting out my mind

So I am sitting here in Maui (husband is asleep), listening to the waves and thinking. I love this place because it is so peaceful and I don't have the everyday distractions of work and life. I'm trying to figure out my life. Big stuff huh?

Have you heard these sayings: square peg in a round hole, 2 is company-3 is a crowd, odd man out? What do they all have in common? They are summing up how I feel most days. I have felt this way for a very long time, I am always the odd man out. It is something I have struggled with. In my husbands family I am the sister-in-law who is never included, with my friends I am the only one without kids, at work I am the one who thought that working hard and playing by the rules would get me somewhere. I keep trying to be the square peg fitting in the round hole. I never can seem to find the square hole.

I guess there is no real point to this other than it was on my mind and I felt like getting it out. Back to vacation. If you need me I will be over here on the outside looking in.

2 comments:

Entner family said...

FWIW, you're never the odd man out with me! I can relate to so many different things and on so many different levels with you. Also, you give me a great perspective of things from a step-parent side, which is greatly appreciated sometimes when I'm too close to the situtation.

Thinking of you this morning and hoping that you guys stay safe!! Mwuah. Love ya.

LutherLiz said...

I feel that way a lot. Having a kid doesn't even make you feel in touch with the parents with kids necessarily. I'm always willing to talk though and do stuff. You aren't out in my book!

I hope you are staying safe.